What is the Design Entrepreneurship Education Workshop?
In recent years the buzz of “Design Thinking”, advocated by the Stanford d.school, IDEO’s Tim Brown, Bruce Nussbaum and a range of innovation forerunners (apple, airbnb, zipcar, to name the tip of the iceberg) has reached the business world, the start-up scene and far beyond.
CDTM in cooperation with EIT Health, one of the largest healthcare communities worldwide, has created this 2-day intensive hands-on workshop aiming to broaden the skill set to explore human-centered design and action-based innovation methods and incorporate design thinking ethos to tangible and intangible challenges. Working in interdisciplinary teams you’ll be challenged by a project partner with the goal to design Europe’s best entrepreneurial education program.
Course structure and content
This interactive two-day workshop will explore the methodology behind design thinking through theory input, cases, group sessions and a challenge based on European entrepreneurship education to be solved by design thinking.
Workshop Day 1:
- Meet Design – overview about industrial design, the story and applicability of design thinking.
- Learn about the approach – introduction to the methodology of design thinking by experimenting with a set of tools, cases and best practices.
- Understand the approach – preparation of a concrete Design Thinking team project to solve a real world problem.
- Apply the approach – tutored by lectures, the teams implement the Design Thinking methodology in a given real-world challenge with the aim to improve international entrepreneurship education.
Workshop Day 2:
- Interpret the approach – present project experiences, findings and learnings
- Challenge the approach – explore the pitfalls and limits of Design Thinking
- Evaluate the approach – learn about latest developments, the evolving scientific and methodic state of knowledge and a potential future outlook on Design Thinking
The Workshop takes place on May 26th, 2017 (at CDTM in Munich) and on June 09th, 2017 (at CDTM in Munich & online).
– Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Certificate: Certificate of Participation
– Language of Instruction: English
– Team size: 2-4